Are you a digital startup in Nigeria or Kenya? Apply to Make-IT Accelerator
Make-IT Accelerator, an initiative of the German International Cooperation (GIZ), is looking for 30 digital startups based in Nairobi, Kenya, or Lagos, Nigeria to participate in its free 9-month acceleration programme.
The programme will provide the selected digital startups access to the right knowledge and mentors, business and financing partners and opportunities for successful business growth, according to a statement from the organisers.
This will be done in collaboration with renowned local hubs, corporate partners and investment experts.
Eligibility criteria for application include:
- Registered business must be a team of at least two people (must be registered in an African country)
- Must be in operation for at least one full year
- Must already have digital (software or hardware) product or service on the market and evidence of revenue
- Clearly demonstrate potential to scale
- Must be based in or able to work from Nairobi or Lagos for the first six months of the programme (or travel there for regular meetings)
- Must be a business model with a social impact. That means it presents a solution to a social problem, and has positive impact on society (locally and/or globally). GIZ defines ‘social’ as the basics of life (especially in terms of health, environment, food, agriculture).
Deji Aroloye91 Posts
a graduate of Linguistics and a staff writer at Outrepreneurs, Deji's forte includes tech, startups and innovations. Years back, Deji wrote on Entertainment and Lifestyle for a tabloid. If he wasn't a writer, Deji would be a photographer or teacher.