Episode 14: How to build a new business from an old industry – Oluyomi Ojo, Co-founder of Printivo
Episode 14 of Building the Future With Dotun is here. In this episode, Oluyomi Ojo, Co-founder of Printivo, answers questions from Dotun Olowoporoku. You are invited to listen to how to build a new business from an old industry.
“The customer is not just the king, he runs the business”
On today’s episode of Building the Future, we have Oluyomi Ojo, Co-Founder of Printivo. Printivo is a DIY (do it yourself) web-to-print-to-doorstep platform. This startup is trying to redefine the digital printing business by offering consumers a radically easy solution for meeting their printing requirements.
Oluyomi has always been an entrepreneur. Specifically, he has always been involved in the printing industry. He grew up learning from his dad who was a printing broker and ran a print business as a side hustle while in college.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How his first employee became one of his co-founders
- Why he doesn’t favour pay-on-delivery and what he things the better model is
- Their first investor meeting, how unprepared they were and how they were able to pull through
- How he and his co-founders invested their life savings – $60,000 to launch their business.
- His first business (Urbanbase) and how it’s still doing well despite his absence
- About the challenges and bottlenecks of running a print business in Nigeria.
- The underlying principle of Printivo
- How and when they got their first client
- About Printivo’s initial Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and what changed
- And more
For more details about this podcast, go to: http://www.thestarta.com/articles/podcast/oluyomi-ojo/
All rights reserved. This publication/podcast may not be re-published in part or whole, without the expressed permission of Dotun Olowoporoku.