The Obama Foundation Calls on Young Africans to Participate in the Leaders Africa Program
The Obama Foundation seeks to identify emerging African leaders from all sectors who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing common good, to participate in the inaugural class of the Leaders Africa Program. This program is aimed at talented individuals who are on the right trajectory at earlier stages of their journey, as well as those who have already attained success.
The objective of the program is to build a growing network of innovative and ethical change makers in sectors including government, civil society, and the private sector, who seek to drive positive change in their communities. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated potential for impact, a clear commitment to integrity, and a commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond.
The inaugural class of the Leaders Africa Program will convene in Johannesburg, South Africa from July 14 through July 18, 2018, as well as participate in robust online activities throughout the year. Costs related to economy class travel, lodging, and meals throughout the July 14-18 duration of the program will be footed by the foundation.
Applications should be submitted via this link, no later than 6:00 PM ET (11:00 PM GMT) on March 25, 2018. Applicants will be notified of their status via email on a rolling basis beginning on April 27, 2018.
- Citizen of an African country
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Emerging leaders from all sectors approximately between 24-40 years of age
- Available to travel to Johannesburg, South Africa from July 14 through July 18, 2018
- Civically minded with a track record of impact
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond
- Ability and inclination to positively transform the future of Africa or their community
Chiamaka Akuba51 Posts
Chiamaka Akuba is a graduate of Mass Communication of the University of Lagos, Nigeria. She is passionate about emerging markets and entrepreneurship and is actively working with the industry. She loves her conversations challenging and can’t help laughing when you call her ‘Honourable Writer of the Federal Republic'. Chiamaka is a Staff Writer at Outrepreneurs.